[Cob] Free Clay...Bentonite Seattle area

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Fri Dec 7 13:58:50 CST 2007

Hey...

It might not be the best clay for a cob project, but it is great for
plastering and other projects.

Any input on cobbing with bentonite?

It is a white clay. It is often used in detox remedies, as it is ash based.
It is a desiccant, as it draws water, more than some clays.

Anyway...someone has 200+ 50 pound bags to get rid of. It sounds like way
more than that is also available. It might even be powdered!

I'd like 1 bag, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Here's the info:

Here's the info:
      Available in Seattle, WA:
      BAGS OF BENTONITE CLAY AVAILABLE. FREE. APPROX 200 50-LB BAGS. APPROX
1800 100-LB BAGS. PICK UP AT MACMILLAN-PIPER, 150 S. HORTON ST., SEATTLE, WA
98134

      CONTACT:  Suzanne Tilley, MacMillan-Piper Inc..
      Phone: 206-624-5135
      Fax: 206-624-2449
      stilley at macpiper.com

      Or check for listing ID A159015 at: