[Cob] beginner starting withlots of stone

john fordice otherfish at comcast.net
Tue Feb 5 12:09:19 CST 2008

Bryan,
For building with cob, Mendocino, Humboldt & Nevada Counties are
favorable.   They all have building codes that allow alternative
construction owner building.   Be sure you are in the county & not an
area subject to some incorporated town or city.  Be wise &
investigate with those building depts before building.  Also, beware
of zoning restrictions and septic system requirements that might
prevent you being to legally establish multiple residences on a
property.
john f.