[Cob] cold floors: Barbara's comments: question on radiant heat in earth floors

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Thu Feb 7 21:06:03 CST 2008

Barbara,

You made an small remark about your neighbor having a problem with his
radiant floor heating system due to the wax in the finish getting soft when
he was heating it up. That certainly caught my eye.   Can you tell me more
about what's going on? And what other details are there to the story?  How
is the water (I'm assuming a hydro-radiant tube system) heated? Does it
regulate the temperature at all? i.e. Did he perhaps make it too hot? How
were the floors constructed? How much wax is in the mix?

Does anyone else have experience with clay floors with radiant heating and
any trouble?

Tys

 <http://www.spiritdental.com> www.spiritdental.com

Reasonable Dental Insurance for Individuals... with Spirit