[Cob] Flex-i-form & word-o-rama /slaked Lime

Dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine tms at northcoast.com
Mon Mar 10 16:33:02 CDT 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 10:51 AM,

Ray Cirino wrote:  driving in the steaks for the form  <<<   ?? gosh
isn't that expensive to use  T bone red meat as wood stakes?? < grin>
I luv ya Ray!!   thanks for sharing... we all appreciate it.

other abused werdz I see on various lists:             (My inner
English teacher  must be screaming)

their and there

your and you're

its ( possessive)  vs  it's ( it is)

moot point and mute point

efflorescence ( white bloom on brick)  and evervescence  ( bubbles in
soda)

MY FAVORITE IS USE OF WORDS:
SLAKED  lime ( mfg's  burn limestone then slake in water   to make
powdered hydrated lime)   VS  SOAKED lime-- what you do when you buy
slaked lime and put it in clean water to make lime putty

ALL   purchased,  bagged lime is  already slaked- just once during the
mfg process...  if you can get hot lime  quick lime/ lump lime) not
usually avail to the public, and can provide a controlled  water
slaking  process it will go from a lump to a powder by using the  water
to slake (quench) its need... after that lime can be kept in the water
as wet lime, but  only professional masons and others can get access.

it is cheaper to soak your own lime and mellow it for putty, plasters,
washes.  and the gritty recarboonated bits that might form on the edge
of the tub is now limestone again and can be used as aggregate, like
sand, so don't toss it, but don't use in fine wall plaster either.

Charmaine Taylor Publishing
Green Building DVDs & Books
10th Anniversary $10. book Celebration sale-
more than 100 books @ $10. or less, while supply lasts
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
Tel:  1-707-441-1632 PST   Eureka, Calif.