[Cob] FW: Using Natural Finishes (fwd)

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Tue Mar 11 23:44:55 CDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Dear Friends and Colleagues,  It is with great pleasure that we present
information on our new book, Using Natural Finishes: Lime and Earth based
plasters, renders and paints. A Step by Step Guide. The book covers all
aspects of the preparation and application of wall finishes made from
lime and earth.  It can be pre-ordered now, before shipping commences on
March 10th, 2008.  We wish you a very fulfilling year, and we hope that
you find our new book to be both informative and practical. Our desire is
that this book can further encourage and make accessible the use of these
traditional and ecological materials in both new and historic buildings.

Warm Regards,Adam Weismann and Katy Bryce
Cob in Cornwall www.cobincornwall.com

This highly informative and sumptuous book shows how the threat of
climate change is also an opportunity to make buildings more beautiful.

-SUNAND PRASAD President of RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects)

This book demonstrates a level of professionalism and aesthetic
sensibiltiy that is a very valuable contribution to knowledge in the field.

-TOM WOOLLEY  Architect and Professor at the Graduate School of
the Environment, Center of Alternative Technology, Wales.

Well researched and beautifully illustrated ... this book draws on
personal experience, as well as knowledge from the UK and around the
world, a must for anybody interested in natural finishes.

-CHRIS LORD-SMITH President of AECB (Association for Environment Conscious
Building)

Adam and Katy are rethinking how we build and coming up with something
beautiful.

-JOHN VIDAL Environment editor of The Guardian