[Cob] Factory waste cob

Kristi Shapla kristishapla at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 10:39:14 CDT 2008

Our local factory, who makes veegum (Hydrated magnesium aluminum silicate mineral), has a waste product that is said to be just clay and sand.  I have no idea how to find out if that is truly what it is.  But, we have been offered as much as we want for free.  They usually truck this biproduct to a local cement maker.  I am going to cautiously experiment with this, as I love to work with anything labeled as "free waste product"!!!  If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.  I think it will just come down to how much clay/sand needs to be added.  I will be making some bricks this week, so I will keep you posted.