[Cob] factory waste vs nature

Dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine tms at northcoast.com
Fri May 9 17:27:32 CDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Kristi Shapla wrote:

Yes, I like to keep things natural as well.  But, if faced with a
decision between digging clay from a "natural" environment, or using
harmless factory bi-products (it isn't veegum, just what's left after
they extract what they need), I will always choose the latter.
Trucking it to our site will actually use less fossil fuels than if
they dropped it at their usual location.

Krista- I am glad to see reasonable minds prevail.  We all make choices
and pick battles, this byproduct sounds like a great solution for you.

There was a great, fine  black sand I got free ( broken bags) at a
local builder's supplier, I called the manufacturer in Canada  and when
I checked out how it was made,what it was for I found out the "blast
sand"  was for taking off paint on ships and cars,  AND was actually
used in aquariums  for pricey tropical fish too!!

Denouncing something, or smearing it's name or use, without proper
information, based on one's  irrational fear does not serve the "good
of all"

Charmaine Taylor Publishing
10th Year $10. book Sale on 100+ books/dvds
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
Tel:  1-707-441-1632 PST
PO Box 375 Cutten CA 95534