[Cob] Rototiller

Henry Raduazo raduazo at aol.com
Tue May 13 14:34:57 CDT 2008

Note regarding rototiller mixing of cob. Use a sharp lawn mower to
shred and break up the straw "flakes" before you till it into the
mix. Chopping up the straw a little ensures that it will not wind
it's self up on the tines of the tiller, but it will still be plenty
long enough to act as a reinforcement in your wall. Alternatively, if
you have a field of standing hay, straw or dried grass, you can use a
lawn mower to harvest the straw for a cob wall.
Ed