[Cob] Rototiller

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Wed May 14 14:20:55 CDT 2008

Hi Mitch,
	I tried the rototiller once for about a minute then quickly decided
it took just as much energy as mixing it with a tarp. But I was only
mixing a a small batch of, say, 10 gallons, and the tiller would just
throw the cob everywhere (Very discouraging!) I imagine if you do
more like 100 gallons (so you could really dig the machine in) it may
work better. I also tried driving over it with a four wheeler, but
all my clay just stuck to the tires. So far, the best way I've found
is the tarp method, unless you want to mix it really wet and let it
sit for awhile to stiffen up.

Damon in GA

Message: 5