[Cob] Building materials

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 14:56:45 CDT 2008

Cat here.  It has been my experience that people born in the US have a leaning towards combative...white hat black hat reactions to anything...their is allot of insecurity in North America...Our schools teach us little on how to constructively debate and even less about dialectic.  It was refreshing, in Paris, to discuss volatile subjects without offending delicate egos.
No leaders, No followers!  CAT> Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:09:02 -0700> From: tkn317071 at yahoo.com> To: dhowell at pickensprogress.com; coblist at deatech.com> Subject: Re: [Cob] Building materials> > I thought we were trying to learn from each other.> > Damon Howell <dhowell at pickensprogress.com> wrote: As Kristi points out, it's ridiculous, guys, to bicker about such > things as where to get building materials. Step back and listen to > yourselves. Sounds just like your trying to control a market, which > is what cobbers used to be against. Keeping your mind open to all > possibilities becomes harder when you feel other people are trying to > out do you. But look at the big picture here, we're not creating an > enterprise to make money, we're learning build more responsibly. > Ecological building is about being modest, and not wreaking havoc on > the eco-system. Think about if we had to use pure clay with no > impurities. Most of us would be doomed because pure clay is hard to > come by in nature. But if we keep putting restrictions on each other, > we'll find we haven't progressed at all. Just stop telling other > people what to do! That's exactly what we're all trying to get away > from.> > Damon> > "Wow, I never dreamed our little art guild bench and mini house would > cause such a stir!...let's not be so exclusive that we end up > creating more destruction..." - From: Kristi Shapla > > > _______________________________________________> Coblist mailing list> Coblist at deatech.com> http://www.deatech.com/mailman/listinfo/coblist> > > > Tim Kijoo Nam> Corvallis, OR> tkn317071 at yahoo.com> http://timsbloggo.blogspot.com/> "We are discussing no small matter, but how we ought to live." -Socrates> > _______________________________________________> Coblist mailing list> Coblist at deatech.com> http://www.deatech.com/mailman/listinfo/coblist
Get Free (PRODUCT) REDâ„¢  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.