[Cob] COb lists in Europe

billc billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Wed May 14 16:46:52 CDT 2008

At 11:44 AM -0700 5/14/08, sly at riseup.net wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I've been loving this list and was wondering if anyone knew if there was
>an equivalent list in Europe.  I'm moving back to Spain and would love to
>be able to tap in.  I am also looking for an equivalent to the Willing
>workers for alternative technology list.

The nearest equivalent to WWAT in Europe is probably the Hands for
Knowledge (H4K) group.  It's been a while since I checked in on them,
but they were much more inclined toward having a central group
approve both the projects and the participants in advance, as opposed
to our somewhat cavalier, caveat emptor method with WWAT.  Of course,
you're welcome to post projects/requests based in Spain to WWAT, as
well.

Details at <http://www.thelaststraw.org/ISNBC/hands4k.html>

You also might want to get in touch with Maren Termens
<autoconstruccin at yahoo.es> and/or Rikki  Nitzkin
<rikkinitzkin at earthlink.net>, who are both involved in strawbale work
(and probably other stuff) in Spain.

--