[Cob] cob vs adobe

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 28 08:16:24 CDT 2008

I was wondering..... I haven't built my oven yet but I had a thought.  I've heard a number of people complain about cracking and crumbling on the inside of their cob ovens.  It occurred to me that if the first layer over the sand form were of adobe brick that with it being predried, it might help to eliminate part of that problem.  Once the interior was built of the bricks then the other layers could continue as usual.  Just a thought.

Mary Lou
Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_photos_022008