[Cob] cob vs adobe

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:39:13 CDT 2008

I was thinking that once you had your adobe over the sand form then  you could top it with a good deal of clay straw and let that set then finish off with the cob or cob sculpture.  I think that the straw clay would absorb any uneven contraction as the top cob dried and there would be fewer concerns as the adobe would already be dried and less prone to cracking that way.

If I go to the effort of building my own oven I want to insure it's longevity, so want to consider every aspect.

Mary Lou
Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your chance to win.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3