[Cob] More on cob ovens

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 08:23:02 CDT 2008

I don't know if I will have room to build a small roof over my oven but really liked Kiko's dragon oven and thought about using shale chips mortised over the exterior to create a layer of protective "scales".  Thought it would be cool and fun and my excuse , of course, is longevity.

Cement has come up a couple of times and it reminded me of something I saw awhile ago on the masonry heater web page concerning refractory cement.  I am not really familiar with the refractory cement and was wondering if anyone else is.  It seemed to be the product of choice for the interior of the oven.  Would like a little feedback.

Mary Lou
Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_photos_022008