[Cob] clay oven foundation

Mary Hooper mjhooper at indylink.org
Sat Jul 5 14:13:33 CDT 2008

I have a yard full of clay that is hard as rock when dug wet and left
to dry in the sun. We've had about an inch of rain in each of the
past two months, so there's lots of drying time here!

If i wanted to play with the dirt i'm digging out to replace with
soil for growing things, what would I use for a foundation for a clay
oven? I think it would be a fun way to play in the dirt creatively.
If anyone has a link to newbie instructions, I'd appreciate it. I'm
sure a link has been posted in the past but I don't save everything
anymore.......
Thanks for any help.....
Mary J in the WNC mountains.