[Cob] cob w/adobe and other materials

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Sat Jul 5 16:57:06 CDT 2008

Last year on a trip to New mexico I saw and photographed ovens made
of both cob and adobe. It is no big deal either way.  I did not see
cracks in the adobe ovens, but that may have been because they put a
finish layer over the adobes.  It is just a matter of what you are
used to. If you want photographs of ovens in various stages of use or
disrepair, I have them. Specify what degree of resolution you want
them transmitted at.
	I also have photographs of the straw bale house and the cob/adobe/
earth bag arch constructed for Earth day at the Botanical garden in
Washington DC and photographs of people from Bhutan constructing a
rammed earth wall on the mall in DC.
Ed