[Cob] question for Robert on straw bale/cob

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Tue Jul 22 11:52:25 CDT 2008

Robert,

Just wanting to understand your reasoning: why are you doing both types? Did
you find that in your first building you didn't have enough insulation with
just cob?  What are your average (cold) temperatures?

And, are you going to do all the stick framing that goes with straw bale, or
are you thinking of just stacking bales and then building the cob up around
to be structural?

and, sorry, I'm no help as I haven't worked with straw bale stuff. I'm
asking the insulation question because I'm wondering about my
heating/insulation plans on my cob house.

Tys

 <http://www.spiritdental.com> www.spiritdental.com

Reasonable Dental Insurance for Individuals... with Spirit