[Cob] Last cob building bee of the season (Western Washington)

yew yewberry at wavecable.com
Tue Aug 12 13:28:50 CDT 2008

     "It's Just Mud" Building Bee!

Where: Stanwood, Washington (halfway between Seattle and Bellingham)

When: Saturday, August 16, from 10:00 a.m. until folks get sick of
looking at us. :)

What you should bring: Gloves, rubber boots or water shoes (if you have
sensitive feet), a hat if it's hot and sunny, and your enthusiasm. Extra
shovels, levels, assorted tools are helpful but not required.

What we'll provide: Lots of drinking water, a simple-but-tasty
vegetarian lunch (not vegan, sorry), tarps, a little bit of cob
know-how, and a sense of humor. We don't plan to cater to dietary needs,
so if in doubt, bring your own.

What you'll get out of it: The (very) basics of cob, the aforementioned
free lunch, good company, the gratitude of fellow natural builders.
You'll also have the opportunity to peruse our collection of natural
building books (of which we have many).

What we'll be building: We'll be continuing work on our 113 square foot
round shed with a mixture of cordwood and cob. We'll install lots of
"bottle ends" and glass block. The shed will include a cob bench with
storage niches beneath, several shelves in several sizes and of several
materials, and other stuff we haven't thought of yet.

We do ask that you RSVP to yewberry[at]wavecable[dot]com, especially if
you're planning to have lunch. We want to make sure there will be enough
food, tarps, water, and space for everyone. Feel free to bring the kids,
but please remember this is a construction area with lots of nice, sharp
tools lying around.

Oh, and in case you think we're flakes who knows nothing about cob,
here's our résumé (you'll get to "meet" it if you're able to attend):

http://home.wavecable.com/~yewberry/cobbers/back8-4-06.jpg
http://home.wavecable.com/~yewberry/cobbers/front8-4-06.jpg

Hope to see you here!
Brina & Darin