[Cob] cracks in plaster

Bob Smolen boka at mwt.net
Tue Sep 16 14:41:19 CDT 2008

Thanks Jill and Ron for your thoughtful comments.
I reinspected the wall and there are only a couple of very minor cracks in the last lime/sand only layer. I am pleased.
The earlier coatings were probably too clay rich as you suggest. I will experiment with a less clay mixture.
I mix the lime and sand and clay at the same time. Is it necessary to soak the lime in water for days before mixing. My last coating seem ok so I believe presoak is not necessary. Can you comment on how you have done your plaster mix?
Thanks,
Bob