[Cob] Our futue Cob home

PHIL MOULTON philmoulton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:21:29 CDT 2008

My mis understanding in writing..
The 6 inch wide stem wall would be under the North wall of the existing
Kitchen which is currently on blocks.
The other three sides of the Cob structure would be 18-24 inches wide to
accept the Cob building material.
At this point in planning I am trying to determine the issues in mounting a
Cob structure to a stickbuilt frame of questionable foundation.
As if I leave the kitchen alone I do not have to deal with electrical or
permit issues as baddly. However if I tear out the kitchen as well I have
more of a complete Cob home and better heating from the south face.
I will have to deal with a place to eat while its being built tho.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa162/Kinkypuppy/COB/

The large shed roof part is the mastrer bedroom which I do want to keep.