[Cob] living roofs + reciprocal roofs (Brian Liloia)

Robert Alcock ralcock at euskalnet.net
Thu Nov 27 15:00:44 CST 2008

Hi Ziggy

Thanks for this resource.
Just wanted to give a direct link to the Excel spreadsheet for
calculating the dimensions of reciprocal frame roofs which is mentioned
in the post.

http://www.lesspress.com/twiki/pub/Media/SnailCabin/reciprocal-roof-2.xls
for round buildings (where the beams will all be the same length) and

http://www.lesspress.com/twiki/pub/Media/SnailCabin/reciprocal-roof.xls
for non-round buildings (where not all the beams are the same length),
like our spiral-shaped cabin.

By the way, the roof of Snail Cabin has actually got a _double_
reciprocal frame - the main roof has twelve beams, with a six-beam
reciprocal cupola on top to support the skylight. Anybody know of
another building that has this type of roof? (wouldn't like to brag, but
i think it's the first in the world... ;-)

Robert