[Cob] skylights

vesperlight at gmail.com vesperlight at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 00:41:13 CST 2008

I think two skylights would also give option of opening only one or both
for ventilation and cooling, along with one or more doors or windows -- it
would give you more control over the way air currents move through the
space. Some times you get a much better draft, with more cooling effect, if
you have only two openings ventilating a building, instead of having
everything wide open.

Elizabeth

On Dec 17, 2008 8:35pm, Shody Ryon <qi4u at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think if I had a loft located close to the skylight I would choose one
big one and if I didn't I would choose 2 smaller ones. I would also
consider the energy efficiency (EE) of a skylight. If there are EE
considerations such as insulated "drapes" I would choose what ever number
is easiest and fastest. Thinking out load, since a thermal drape would need
to be fully closed to be thermally effective (?), with an perimeter air
seal, 2 lites would give the option of closing one and leaving the other
one open.