[Cob] Cob and Insulation

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Tue Dec 30 15:06:13 CST 2008

Yea, it's like in the 70's here in Middle Georgia!

We cheat with heat, we only heat our bedroom which has a portion of the outside wall as strawbale, but the reset is cob. The back side of room has  a earth back wall (aka thermal mass) but is an interior wall.  The cob wall is the south facing wall, the strawbale wall is the west facing wall.

The rest of the house stays around in the 50's with no heat. I have a big barrel stove I fire up sometimes, but most of the time we just wear jackets in the non-bedroom portions of the house.

Pat
www.gypsyfarm.com