[Cob] Chicken feathers

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 08:08:44 CST 2009

	I personally would like to get Chicken manure. It is one of the best
(most concentrated) natural fertilizers that you can get. The
problems regarding chickens is that the industry is not oriented
towards multiple value added products. Their gaol is to produce and
sell one product and every thing else is waste which they throw in a
hole and burry as cheaply as possible. Maryland is only beginning to
pass laws that might some day encourage them to produce multiple
products with their waste streams.
	Right now the only thing you can do is drive up to a processing
plant and try to make a deal, and if your deal inconveniences them
too much forget it. It is not hopeless though. I have been able to
make deals similar to this, and I have been blown off. It does not
hurt to try.
Ed