[Cob] radiant floor tubes in clay floor: insulation?

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Wed Feb 4 20:36:40 CST 2009

Hey folks,

as I read about radiant floors, in typical houses, they put insulation
against the inside, and sometimes outside of the house foundation.
Sometimes they make an "L" shape with insulation under the floor and up the
wall a bit.  My north side will be bermed in, and my southern side is of
course, my solar gain side.  Does anyone have an opinion about whether I
should put insulation in between the clay floor, the gravel sub-floor, and
my concrete and mortared urbanite stem wall?  If you think I should do it,
how much (how wide?)

Starting to think about the inside,

Tys

www.magnumdental.com <http://www.magnumdental.com/application.php?id=tm42>

Reasonable Dental Insurance for Individuals... Online