[Cob] easy cob mixing- handles on tarps

Charmaine Taylor dirtcheapbuilderbooks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:00:19 CST 2009

Ray: I was able to clean up the cob mixing problems once and for all.

 Hi Ray.. after 13 years of cobbing in the US finally people don't
want to cut their feet?

 I know the newly  excited converts to cob,  and purists want the feel
of squishy clay and rocks, it is more the experience than the
practicality of using a human foot  for sure.

 didnt someone  create some  sets of clamp on "handles" to be used
with tarps?    was that you?

 they sold them in sets and you just  added them as you have onto a
tarp and then people  stomped on the   folded over tarp and kept their
feet and  legs clean and un cut or bruised.

I thought this was a clever idea you have.    I  used to get those
bill board tarps, have cut them down from 40" x 14"  to  10' lengths,
etc, and given them to local people, most use as temp rain roof for a
wood pile, but the bill board tarps are perfect for heavy duty
cobbing.

 also they have a sewn  flap along both long sides of the  tarp for a
2x4 to slide into for fixing top the billboard frame.  ( like the flap
that a curtain rod goes thru on a curtain)
 this flap can be used   to help  hold the clamps, or  clipped   on
either side of  a 4" span, can serve as a pass thu to  hold a rope,
making a fast handle too.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
Toll Free Order: 1-888-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com   www. papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534