[Cob] stem walls on interior walls?

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Mon Mar 2 17:31:08 CST 2009

What's the word on mortaring stones in place for the base of interior walls?
I know in 'Hand Sculpted House' it talks about having stem walls come up 6
inches above finished floor to protect against floods or plumbing accidents.
My house will only have one interior wall of cob that will be even close to
any plumbing, so I'm wondering if I could avoid buying more cement and
hauling more urbanite to make interior stem walls I don't need.

Since I'm planning on doing the sub floor first, it would be interior cob
walls built right on that cob floor, which is sitting on gravel.

Tys

Choose your own provider with no waiting periods with Spirit Dental and
Vision Insurance at

www.spiritdental.com