[Cob] Cooling - Thermal attic/PET offgassing?

Shody Ryon qi4u at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 00:06:12 CDT 2009

Hi,
Sure, those climates exist. I have lived there too, in the tropics, and even there, as sea level, I had to wear long pants and a sweat shirt (in winter), but I didn't need a heater. If you do not need heating, do not forget this system can be used for cooling, for the ability to relax or work efficiently in you nice cool house when it is 100 F degrees.
The university of florida has shone that even in a poorly designed house that, because the roof radiates infrared energy into the darkness of space at night, the roof gets cold at night and that coolness can be used to cool thermal storage.

This is really fascinating to me; another university showed that directing a parabolic solar oven at the dark night sky, a clear sky works better, the temperature was decreased in the cooker, I can't remember, 20 to 40 F degrees, I think it was 40, enough to make ice!

Anyhow, this system might be too involved when high insulation and low thermal storage and other tricks can he used to create coolness and little heat is required.

Shody