[Cob] Cobhouse design

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Wed Apr 8 14:41:43 CDT 2009

Hi Phil,
	I am confused about your last post. You say you want large south-
facing windows for heat collection, but then you also want a wrap-
around covered porch. One advantage of the wrap-around is that it
will protect your walls from the rain, so there wouldn't be much need
for a high stem wall. But the disadvantage is you would get almost no
solar gain in the walls, they would collect all their heat from the
ambient temperature instead of directly from the sun (no good in the
winter). I definitely like the idea of a tile floor with radiant
heat. I would also like such a thing in my house.

Damon in GA