[Cob] builders lime and foundations

howard at earthandstraw.com howard at earthandstraw.com
Mon Apr 13 08:34:19 CDT 2009

While I don't know the conditions that would have one putting the bale walls up 8" off of the floor we do put a what we call a drain bed under the walls, usually just a 2x4 or possibly 4x4 plates filled with the space between filled with gravel or vermiculite.

I can't imagine that you could not get quality lime in your region since cob cottage does.

Howard Switzer, Architect
668 Hurricane Creek Road
Linden, TN 37096
931-589-6513