[Cob] Iron in cob

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Apr 22 07:05:53 CDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Robert Alcock wrote:

[snip]
> Does anyone have data on the long-term performance of iron inside a cob
> wall? The first floor beams of our 2-storey hybrid straw-bale/cob house
[snip]

I am aware of one report of nails being used as an attachment point buried
in cob and there being nothing left of the nails in the cob after one
year.   I don't know any specifics about this, but it is important to keep
in mind that some soils are much more acidic than others which could have
significant impact on your choice.

FWIW.

Phone: (800) 467-5820 |          - Natural Building Instruction -