[Cob] building design

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Mon Jun 29 15:16:31 CDT 2009

To me it seems like a curved wall would be much stronger than a
straight one. As far as earthquake resistance, I imagine a circular
building design would be the best way to go. But it seems like
everything became complicated when I built round. I couldn't keep it
a perfect circle, a flat roof will look cheap, furniture doesn't go
against the wall. Blinds and curtain rods don't either. But I imagine
if I built square I could've kept the walls straight easier using a
string, the building could be used for storage and everyone who saw
it would recognize the familiar shape and be more inclined to built
one of their own. Not that mine looks bad, it's no where near
finished. But I can definitely see advantages of a standard square
building over an "organic" shape.

Later,
Damon