[Cob] cob walls for stables

Andy Dunn - Luibh andy at luibh.ie
Sat Jul 4 16:44:18 CDT 2009

Thats great, the consensus seems to be that it should be fine then. We
plan on building the walls about 2' thick, and including a layer of
rubber in the stable area up to kicking height which I think should be
enough to protect them from the worst kind of damage and rubbing.

I'd be quite curious what those feed cribs looked like you mentioned
as we're hoping to embed half a steel beer barrel in the wall with cob
(for grain) aswell as some kind of corner ground feeder for the hay.

And yes, I agree that cob is far too ignored these days when
historically we have a long tradition of building with earth material
that is perfectly suited to the local environment. Im equally as keen
to use it for traditional reasons as I am for environmental ones.

Will drop you an email Kathryn about the site.

Thanks,

Andy