[Cob] Soil Survey

Janet Standeford j.standeford at hughes.net
Tue Jul 28 17:03:40 CDT 2009

It's been awhile since I tried to send to everyone so don't know if the one
to bounce does the trick. Just in case it didn't here is what I sent.

Hi there, I just discovered http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov
<blocked::http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/>  and was amazed by the amount
of already assembled information I found for my property. You have to double
click topics on the left then fill in parameters. Hit view report and you
can even print or save them from the print page.
For instance, I found the following ratio from 3-49 inches Clay 30% Sand
33.5% Silt 36.5%. Now can somebody tell me what that means regarding the
making of cob? I understand I must add sand straw and water but how does
this much silt fit into the formula? Is it possible to remove silt?

Janet Standeford

May God The Father, His Son - Our Christ,
and The Holy Spirit bless you and keep you
and yours safe always. Amen