[Cob] embedded posts

rodger at inbox.com rodger at inbox.com
Wed Jul 29 06:58:54 CDT 2009

No problem in my mind, I've seen it done.  But it makes repair difficult and it hides the beautiful wood.  If it were me, I'd build the cob wall on the outside of the posts, and perhaps bury half the post, so you can see it, and it's reasonably accessible. I saw big nails driven into the wood where it was buried... some looped with wire at the ends of the nails.  Cob was then all around this matrix and would be very strong in my mind.

:)