[Cob] California and "Green Building Code"

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Thu Sep 24 15:27:57 CDT 2009

I'm sorry to everyone for starting the building code discussion when
the original post wasn't about building, but energy codes. I just
tend to show my frustration towards getting anything approved by
building officials when they flat out refuse to study the multitude
of available building materials. "If it's not in that book, it's not
possible to build with it," is what I've been told. C'mon. If anyone
is serious about building a home, legally, it must go through
building inspections, no exceptions. Although officials do seem to be
slightly interested in Jasper GA, they get cold feet and always
revert back to the book when it comes to signing off on something.
So, if cob was in there, with loose regulations, the problem would go
away. What's England do? They have building codes, right? Let's adopt
theirs.
Damon in GA