[Cob] California and "Green Building Code"

howard at earthandstraw.com howard at earthandstraw.com
Thu Sep 24 16:29:32 CDT 2009

There is a section in the code, 104.1 in the IBC, somewhere near that in the Standard Building Code as well, that deal with alternative materials not in the code.  The code is not supposed to be interpreted to prevent people from using any materials that can pass requirements for quality, strength, effectiveness, fire resistance, durability and safety.

Howard Switzer, Architect
668 Hurricane Creek Road
Linden, TN 37096
931-589-6513