[Cob] cob codes- low tech lifestyle -semi OT

Charmaine Taylor dirtcheapbuilderbooks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:12:07 CDT 2009

"....Everyone cooks on fires.  No-one has an indoor toilet and almost
no-one has a bathroom let alone hot water system and air conditioning
and they live perfectly happy and very productive lives.
+++++++++++++++++++++

You are so right!  I remember when everyone was torqued at Y2K
collapsing everything. I lived in a 1800s  farmhouse at that time...I
wondered how the 1800s housewife of her day  lived her life in that
house....she was NOT suffering without electricity, or hot water, or
indoor toilet.

She had a garden, a well,  cold storage for veggies, a tank in the
attic for gravity feed water to the kitchen, she may have had solar
water tanks on the roof as many homes here did in the 1850s!   and so
forth.... she led a good life, and wasn't suffering.

So I approached the  coming of Y2K with an attitude of how to best do
solar cooking and hot water heating, and having a  life off the grid
as the previous dwellers of that house did.

--
Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
Toll Free Order: 1-888-441-1632