[Cob] Coblist kahuna: Today's problems - please read

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sun Oct 11 02:55:25 CDT 2009

Well, we have had quite a day on the coblist.  A few things worthy of
note:

   - Spam can occasionally get past all the filters and blocks I have in
     place.  Rather than being angry about it, recognize that despite how
     common spam is generally on the internet, it is extremely rare on the
     coblist, probably about one or two per year.

   - Most of you did not get the worst of today's nasty emails due to a
     fortunate problem with one rather angry member's internet provider
     which resulted in their messages getting blocked as spam.

   - Before responding to someone with a hostile message either on or off
     the list, consider waiting 24 hours before sending it.  It is possible
     that you have misinterpreted what they said and reading it again a day
     later may reveal a different meaning or intent.  After waiting a day
     and confirming the meaning you thought, consider if there is any value
     other than to your ego in sending your hostile response and then
     choose not to send it (to clarify: your hostile response doesn't
     provide any value no matter how wonderful you think it is).

   - If you are having problems off list with a list member who is emailing
     you privately, your best course of action is to block their emails
     or simply delete without reading them.  If you don't know how,
     google searches can provide the answer.  Please do not take the
     argument on to the list.  If all else fails, contact me.

   - If the other person takes the argument onto the list, ignore them.  I
     understand this can be difficult to do, but it is important to
     remember these arguments hurt the list as a whole.

Finally, keep in mind that I do actually have a life and cannot respond to
everything immediately, sometimes not even in the same week.  I have
been on the road over seven months so far this year doing my bit to
save the planet.  While I am currently at home, that is in part because I
was at a funeral for someone close to me today.  I normally would not
mention this and I have no need of your sympathy, I say it in the hope
that some of you will stop and think.  Realize that life is short, get
some perspective.  Anger, hostility, name calling, etc. do nothing to
promote cob, save the planet, or improve anything.

Please try to learn to be more patient, polite and respectful with each
other.

You may now resume cobbing.

Phone: (800) 467-5820 |          - Natural Building Instruction -