[Cob] plastic jugs in walls?

john fordice otherfish at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 13:46:13 CST 2009

Tys,
I'll venture to say (without really being able to prove it) that it
will weaken the wall.  A cob wall gets it  strength by being thick.
A structure resists forces acting on it by being made as continuous
as possible.  Making a void in the wall will create a weak spot which
compromises the continuity of the structure.    I would not do
anything which creates voids in the cob based on this reasoning.
john fordice