[Cob] mold or fungus?

Christopher Reinhart sandymud at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:58:52 CST 2010

Tys,

I experienced a similar issue with small patches of white mold growing on
cob walls before they were completely dry.  I live in south-central indiana,
in a heavily wooded area, and it can be quite muggy in the summer time.  I
thought similarly to you, and sprayed the areas with a bit of bleach water
once the walls were completely dry and before plastering them.  Haven't had
any problems since then.  I do wonder if the mold would have disappeared on
its own without the bleach water, but I was impatient to begin plastering
and didn't want to take a chance.

-Chris Reinhart
Bloomington, IN