[Cob] cob floors and recipes

livin_and_learnin at yahoo.com livin_and_learnin at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 09:18:01 CST 2010

I will greatly appreciate the floor information!

When you give the test results, please help me by relating it to something I can understand.  When I read the books on rammed earth talking about the "dryness" of the dirt to be able to be worked, it was very UN-helpful to the finished product.  I had to scrap hundreds of blocks because they were too dry. (I tried to duplicate their methods of testing.)  What worked best for me after that, was the layman's description of how to tell if the dirt was "dry enough"; when for me the real issue was:  Is is "DAMP" enough!

Beverly
in western Oklahoma, USA

Message: 4