[Cob] Eco Hotel

Dean Sherwin costman at verizon.net
Fri Jan 15 11:09:04 CST 2010

Alessandra
sounds like a great idea & should be successful with the positive
publicity it will get etc.  Is cob or earth building a  local way of
building in your area?  Adobe is common in spanish speaking areas
incl S.America (eg Peru), never heard of any in Brazil.  In general
its good I feel to look for traditional local methods that have
worked well (and there may be expertise in them even if only among
the very old)  Sao Paolo is sub-tropical I think, is it wet or humid
?  Not very I believe, so suitable for earth building.  Maybe look at
local soil type in the proposed location and that can help choose the
best earth building type.  Cob developed in my native  SW England
with a very specific soil type;  rammed earth is much more forgiving
of soil type and can be done with modern construction methods.
Dean Sherwin