[Cob] cold damp cob

William Pittman jimmydeanbean at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:23:10 CST 2010

  Salt will dry out the cob faster, but that may come at a cost of the
durability of the cob. Maybe interfering with the sand and clay joining
together.

I found a research paper regarding salt and the way it affects building
materials, and how the negative effects can me mitigated. The bad thing is
it costs $31, but it might prove to be worth the cost for those wanting to
dry cob out faster.

Here's the link:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6W6G-4PKXPYR-3&_user=10&_coverDate=09%2F30%2F2007&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1224442842&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=a18c9cd5a1357dc6184f1dd5890f417b

Message: 3