[Cob] Good windbreak plants for close planting to cob wall?

Peters Family (AKA sar, bridge, dylan, chris) bollygum211 at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 3 16:48:55 CST 2010

Hi Brian,
What about Boston Ivy, (Parthenocissus tricuspidata ??) It adheres with suction caps on it's roots so it's not that destructive on masonry walls, deciduous for winter sun, native to US ? and the leaves are held vertical so water drops down to the ground. Being in the grape family there could be medical uses but I don't know of any.. Just a suggestion  It can be a bit weedy here in parts of Oz but no idea about where you are..
Seems a shame to cover a cob wall though.
cp