[Cob] trimming posts

Barbara Roemer roemiller4 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 18:10:05 CDT 2010

Thanks to Janet for her quick response re trimming posts.  I'd emailed her
off-list, but since it also happened with today's digest, it may be a good
time to grumble and suggest again that it's so much easier to read people's
posts when they haven't simply replied to a prior posting without deleting
all the extraneous or irrelevant material.

Maybe we need a reminder right up there with "When replying, please edit
your Subject line so it is more specific
than 'Re: Contents of Coblist digest..' "  It could say, "Please include
only the pertinent portion of another's post in yours when you are
replying."

As someone with a very slow connection, off grid, and who has limited
patience for rereading something I've just read, such trimming would make
this list one I delete less often and enjoy more.

Barbara