[Cob] Third firing of the Super Dome Rocket Oven

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 19:32:18 CDT 2010

Dera All,
Saturday we wanted to try out the oven for real. So I put the theometer in  the bake area and it broke it. The  max. on the gage was 600 degrees. I put in my brownie mix anyway and as people started coming to see what we were doing I told them it's a rocket ovenand five minutes later the brownies burnt. It was the smoke coming out of the pumice door that I saw. We stopped putting wood in the furnace and about 20 minutes later we cooked an 8 minute pizza. It happen to still have the cardboard on the bttom though. The next pizza did better. Note the pumice stone door, which will have an intena handle to avoidgetting scratched. The outside was still cool because of the thermal properties. It was very easy to carve using a large thin grinder cutter at slow speed. Use goggles or you'll get glass in your eyes.

Check out our day:

http://people.tribe.net/raycirino/photos

I'll keep you all posted,
Ray

The Great Challenges we now face as a species present the very opportunities that are giving birth to Ecological, Psychological, and Spiritual Sustainability.