[Cob] timberframe infill

Bob Smolen boka at mwt.net
Sun Jun 27 14:33:18 CDT 2010

I built a 20x24 timberframe using 10x10 white pine for the bottom plate which sits on concrete piers spaced at the corners and in the middle of the outer perimeter. The unsupported span would be 10ft max. Could I infill with cob directly or should I first add support under the bottom plate. Should I use a barrier between the wood and cob? What is the best way to add support under the plate now that it is in place? I could slide stone under the beam at say 4 ft intervals  and then fill the last few inches with pressure treated wood and drive in wedges or?

Strawbale is another thought but that is not for this forum but please comment if that is kosher.
Thanks,
Bob