[Cob] Attaching a roof to cob columns

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Thu Jul 8 20:43:50 CDT 2010

Kevin: I would suggest a dead man anchor. A dead man anchor is a
piece of scrap wood buried in the mud a foot or so below the cross
beams and attached to the cross beams by means of a wire cable or a
thin stick. The wire can be wrapped around the dead man and will
extend perpendicular to the dead man to the beam. It will be wrapped
around the beam and attached to the beam by wire staple or horse shoe
nails.
	The thin stick is attached first to the dead man with screws when it
is buried in the wall and then attached to the roof beams by screws
when the pillar is high enough to support the beams.

Ed