[Cob] Mix

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 16:22:32 CDT 2010

Hi again,
That is beautiful. Did you make all the adobe bricks?

RE the fireplace, yes it will burn very hot while it consumes the armful
of wood then it gets shut down.

Fly ash gets trapped in pretty specific areas and those can be
reinforced.  It doesn't tend to build creosote if you use seasoned hot
burning wood. The chimney top doesn't tend to get as hot either and I
doubt any ash gets through at all. Closing the damper, if high enough,
will trap the heat in the section of chimney that does get hot.

Janet Standeford OR
www.buildingnaturally.info (Owned by you)
A resource for healthy homes.